View Topics New Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Old Thu 1st Nov, 22:39   #1
Raven -

Default EDDODSL - Season #1

*** X-ray is now not mandatory for any EDDODSL match ***
*** In-eye demos and status screenshots must be kept for 2 weeks ***

Enemy Down Day of Defeat Source League - Season #1

We are proud to announce that registrations are now open for the brand new EDDODSL.
The competition is a divisional league structure. Each team will play every other team in their division both home and away, at the end of the season there will be both promotions and relegations for each division.

League matches are scheduled for Monday nights at 20:00 GMT, if both team’s agree they are able to re-schedule up until the follow Sunday.

Division placements will be announced once sign-ups are complete. The admin team will place teams based on their previous results both in Enemy Down and other competitions.

Clans not in the ladder that wish to participate are very welcome to join in. You do not need to be active in the ladder to participate in the league.
Please contact me via the website’s Private Message system if you require assistance with registering your team.
Alternatively you can reach me on IRC #EDEvents.dods or MSN - adamblundell@hotmail.co.uk

During the course of the season many events will run alongside the league. These will include optional Night cups, oraange map fun nights and other events such as regional and national cups.

Please sign-up for the competition here – http://www.enemydown.co.uk/league.php?event=252

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[i]The EDDODSL will commence on Monday 3rd December 2007.

Matches are expected to take place on Monday nights at 20:00 GMT. Matches are 4x15.

This competition is a straight league format. Each division will consist of 6 clans; the total amount of divisions depends on the how many teams register for this competition.

Further information on this competition will be made available shortly. If you have an urgent question or concern please voice this to an admin directly or post on our forum.

ED DODS League Rules:

1 - All normal ED rules apply unless otherwise stated in this section.

2 - The first map is expected to be played on the home clans server, if the away clan wishes they can request that the second map is played on their server. If this is not possible or there is a dispute please contact an admin to arrange for a neutral server to be provided.

3 - Rescheduling is allowed but matches MUST be played BEFORE the following Monday ( i.e. Sunday midnight)
It is up to the teams involved to come to an agreement and post in match notes the outcome of the reschedule. Please inform an admin if you need or have re-scheduled a match.
If the match is not played before the following Monday the divisional admin will make a decision on the result.

4 - Should a team be forced to leave the league during a season a team from the waiting list may be given the opportunity to take
Raven - is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 22:44   #2
nellie
^^ dods?

Sounds great, never heard of dod_flasher_b2 though!

gj ED!!
nellie is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 22:48   #3
LUK3_

good idea, but to be apart of this EDDODS league do a team need to be signed up to the ED ladder?
LUK3_ is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 22:54   #4
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

you ask and we deliver, new admins, new ideas, we said keep em coming and we will do our best and hopfully so far you are happy that we are as a team <--- ( admins and community together) keeping true to our word

So what are you waiting for get signed up NOW !!!
`Mrs Reg is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 22:59   #5
Raven -

Yes LUK3 - we will shortly be announcing a new full cap scoring ladder however and clans participating in the league can be part of one or both of the available ladders.

Maybe this new style ladder will interest you more than the current?

To clarify;
You will only have to signup for the ladder. It will not matter if you have not played a ladder match on your selection for the league as we are also taking into consideration results and standings from other competitons and events held outside of Enemy Down.
Basically, the more teams the merrier!

It is restrictions in the current ED site more than anything holding us back in these areas, rest assured we have our crack team of trained code monkeys working around the clock!
Old Thu 1st Nov, 23:22   #6
Filtertip

Sounds like a blast nice job DODs admins
Filtertip is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 23:30   #7
uH|Marv

All good except for dod_Flasher. Sry to whoever created it but I think they turned flash into a medium haven. Extremely tight twisty corridors is just a bad idea imo. So many damn routes for such a small map makes the place between my shoulder blades hurt.
uH|Marv is offline   Quote
Old Thu 1st Nov, 23:35   #8
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

oh dear some one got out of the bed the wrong side have ago you never know you just might just enjoy it
Old Thu 1st Nov, 23:52   #9
Raven -

It sounds like hes already had a go.
While doing the map pool I wanted to include one more official map. It was between Flash and Kalt, so I went with Flasher.

*If* there is widespread disapproval for any map and you can suggest a suitable replacement then please post away! It is not too late to edit the map list..
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 00:06   #10
uH|Marv

I must admit, ive only played it on public. Just my opinion is all, no nastyness intended.
uH|Marv is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 00:14   #11
Raven -

My fellow admins have deserted me this evening for this crazy thing called sleep?!?

Rest assured that this is not the only thing weve been working on for the last few weeks, there is plenty more to be announced over the weekend!

To wet your appetite;

* Config Updated (minor tidy up, client side config added)
* Rules ammended to clear up any confusion on certain areas

* League (already announced)
* Custom Map Cup
* Orange Map Cup
* Detonation Cup
* National Cup (Countries of Europe)
* Regional Cup (Counties and/or compass directions of United Kingdom)

And that is not everything!
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 06:30   #12
Tribe

wow, youve really outdone yourself here

great job, looking forward to this
Tribe is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 06:51   #13
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

( My fellow admins have deserted me this evening for this crazy thing called sleep?!? )

Raven thats only so I can get up early to carry on with what you started

Thank you all for your positive responses so far
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 08:54   #14
KeRmit

yeah, it should be fun.... and as raven said... there is lots more....
KeRmit is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 10:41   #15
WitwenMacher

GREAT JOB
were in

dont wanna nag but ...
the map list could be changed a bit ^^
WitwenMacher is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:03   #16
Chk

yeah good job one or two things need looking in to.
Maps dod_strausbourg_b3/dod_diversion to big for 6v6
14 weeks just a little long. 12 weeks and loss the two maps i have posted.
wtf? dod_flasher_b2 kalts better.
Chk is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:10   #17
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

Yup put your suggesstion & ideas forward and we will look into them for you
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:19   #18
Rangey
Gin o'clock!

Nice work guys, great effort
Agree with Chk on the 12 weeks and 2 map comments, flasher I think might be worth a run out though
Rangey is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:21   #19
Rangey
Gin o'clock!

* Regional Cup (Counties and/or compass directions of United Kingdom)
Sounds interesting as well
North West ftw!
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:31   #20
KeRmit

dod_strausbourg_b3... would be a great 6 v 6 map.... it is played in the 1.3 ladder, as dod_northbound....

i think we should at least give dod_strausbourg_b3 a chance. you never know you might love it in a 6 v 6 setting.
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:36   #21
Lindo
<3

Sounds great, looking forward to this. Maybe you should make an ED map pack so we can test them maps like flasher. Plus this will enable hotw for ED
Lindo is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:46   #22
RiN

maps looks good, not keen on diversion, played that map in a cup once and it was really bad. and not seen flasher yet and also good to see things happening in here! nice job.
RiN is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 11:57   #23
[F.B]Marauder

IMO. 14 or 12 weeks league will see many less active clans dropping, its way too long. Dropouts in the middle of a marathon may be quite fatal to functionality and/or enjoyment of the league. I see the home/away idea in 8 team divisions, but something like 10 match weeks would be plenty, even 8 would be enough to show differences between teams (Equal amount of home/away matches, rotating opponents in each season). Have you checked for national holidays in different countries during those 14weeks? So many things can go wrond during such a long period.

Id go for 6 team divisions to keep the skill levels as close as possible and shorter seasons to make correct positioning of teams faster (i.e. teams in too high or low division dont have to wait for 10 weeks to get to their correct level. Same goes for divs short of couple of teams,the remaining will suffer of multiple bye weeks if theres no one to replace the lost ones). Id go for shorter league for the starters and if all goes well, only then increase the amount of matches... should minimize the errors and problems on that side of the field.
All in all, it sounds nice as do all the other plans, with minor tweaks or without =)

PS. Seriously, does anyone think that Donner is playable/enjoyable/competitive and should be in included to any map cycle?
[F.B]Marauder is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:12   #24
Raven -

Excellent feedback guys we really appreciate it. I would be in favour of dropping each division down to 6 teams which then equates to 10 games per season as suggested above.

*Suggested* Updated Map Pool:

Week 1: dod_anzio
Week 2: dod_harrington
Week 3: dod_santos_b1
Week 4: dod_donner/dod_kalt
Week 5: dod_salerno
Week 6: dod_solitude_match
Week 7: dod_stug_ctf_b2
Week 8: dod_coire_rc3
Week 9: dod_lennon_final
Week 10: dod_argentan

Strausbourg, Flasher etc will be tried in the Custom Map Cup. We can then from there begin to look at the Season #2 map list and possible additions.

Clans will have 7 days to re-arrange their weekly matches so public holidays should not be to much of a problem. I predict many teams may have difficulty in Week 4 (Monday 24th December) so we may delay it by a week.

How do you all feel about this?
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:27   #25
[F.B]Marauder

I still feel sick when I see Donner, but I guess theres nothing I can do about it. I still say that 10 weeks + "... Play-offs will extend this for those involved." is way too long. Imo if theres only 6 teams, theres no real use for playoffs because the difference between the teams should already be there. Really good team could forfeit several weeks and barely get to playoffs just to dominate there.

Why not just go with league type finish: the most points gathered wins? Only that makes every match important
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:29   #26
SLOW

*cough* map pack is being sorted for ED maps, we are having a delay as the site moved over to the TNWA hosting and our webby guru is backlogged with a bunch of stuff. It will be up soon, well in time for the league where the maps will be needed.
SLOW is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:33   #27
Raven -

Sorry I did not clear that up in my previous post - promotions and relegations would remain, given the size of the divisions play-offs would be removed.

I appreciate your feedback Marauder, but rather than tell us about your stomach movements why not suggest a replacement map?
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:42   #28
WitwenMacher

agreed on donner marauder ^^
maybe play thunder instead ? still not good but much better then donner.
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:48   #29
RiN

true thunder i did find better than Donner, even tho its very similar. Donner is an odd map, on public its probably the best map but in officals i do find it a little boring. But i dont mind it being in the map list if most people like it.
RiN is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:49   #30
WitwenMacher

donner *******
at least on thunder u got a few more spots to at least TRY and get a fullcap.
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:52   #31
KeRmit

We are looking At Thunder...
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 12:56   #32
[F.B]Marauder

I think were getting a connection here.
No need for replacement if the league length is cut. Just annihilate Donner. I would sacrificy our one home game if the league would last for 9 weeks and Donner would never appear anywhere. Ever =)
Also I can live with about any other map replacing it if 10 weeks is a must.

Hope ED is not heading towards being another clone league as the mapcycle is now 100% the same as in CBOC, only thing unique: running point scoring is replaced with the common one, what next?
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 13:16   #33
Gundo.

No not Thunder please, hey is just 30 min, is not goin to be that hard
Gundo. is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 13:51   #34
Raven -

I hereby vote for dod_pronemediumcampersindarkcorners to replace Donner..
If that is not a popular choice how about dod_sprintinginstantheadshottingassaults.bsp ?

Enemy Down DoD: Source is not really heading in any one particular direction Marauder. Well.. except for Up!
We are quite simply branching out and expanding to provide you guys and gals with as many options and events as we can humanly cope with!
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 13:52   #35
HeSh^
DODS Admin

Great news !

looking forward to it.

would agree that id prefer thunder instead of donner for the change.

though i wonder why theres dod_stug_ctf_b2 on the maplist, seeing that the final version of stug is already out and looks like a far better version
HeSh^ is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 14:01   #36
Raven -

Stug is a map that is currently under consideration to be replaced, we hope to have the map list finalised this weekend so once again get those suggestions in asap!
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 14:42   #37
Gundo.

dod_aura
dod_expire
dod_fuel_Ctf Latest version
Gundo. is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 15:20   #38
RiN

i kinda like stug the final version that is
RiN is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 15:22   #39
aKaaa

go raven! regional cup! bring that soon
aKaaa is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 16:36   #40
bAc-
I r Pr0 wAnNa B

team south east will walk any regional cup ED has im afraid ;D

p.s. looking fwd to this, stug > donner
bAc- is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 16:43   #41
HeSh^
DODS Admin

@ raven, keep stug on it, but make it the final one, its better imo

you should rly take a look at dod_hameau_rc1, amazing map: 4 flags, 2 two-man flags, minimap and original gameplay.

other than id agree with Gundo, but aura might be a bit too campy..
HeSh^ is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 17:12   #42
LUK3_

Dont take on too much criticism about maps because whatever you choose someone will always whine!. [map whine begins!] I think that kalt would be bad, donner/thunder would work much better and also the final version of stug as it has less bugs etc [ map whine ends!]
LUK3_ is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 18:02   #43
aKaaa

i have to agree team south east would annilate any compertition!...

ignore the winey fins, they moan about everything, they are a high evolution of the human kind ;-)

does this mean tlr will be entering ?

edit; yes they are...

Maybe try get some more teams, no real reason why we cant get more then 48 teams, sumthing like 150 signed up for Clanbase Cup and its alot easier to work this site then that crazy peice of german...
aKaaa is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 18:27   #44
Rangey
Gin o'clock!

Maybe try get some more teams, no real reason why we cant get more then 48 teams, sumthing like 150 signed up for C******e Cup and its alot easier to work this site then that crazy peice of german...

Still only season #1 aKaa dont want to wash the poor admin away with too much to do! They look busy enough as it is!
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 19:17   #45
Brinnades

Quote:
8 - EDAC is required for all players. Please test this prior to the event start date and contact an admin if you experience any difficulties.
So the vista issues with EDAC are fixed yeah?
Brinnades is offline   Quote
Old Fri 2nd Nov, 19:56   #46
HeSh^
DODS Admin

Quote:
Yup put your suggesstion & ideas forward and we will look into them for you
Quote:
ignore the winey fins, they moan about everything, they are a high evolution of the human kind ;-)
just tryna help here akaa, showing opinions that sound negative doesnt say they are meant negative.

i know prolly didnt mean it negative either but.. ehh.. im just right
HeSh^ is offline   Quote
Old Sat 3rd Nov, 06:04   #47
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

Think I need another brew
Old Sat 3rd Nov, 07:34   #48
Tuc0

for me if its anything like the ye old CDODL it will be a success, certainly the best league ive played in

and clans dropping/folding your always gonna get that..
Tuc0 is offline   Quote
Old Sat 3rd Nov, 10:00   #49
aKaaa

Alll my comments are constructice critisms...... i did post on zp so meh i did some work the admins dont work! they tell me this all t he time, u gotta member i sort of sleep with them all on occasionals.. they easy ;-)
aKaaa is offline   Quote
Old Sat 3rd Nov, 10:36   #50
`Mrs Reg
Is Pr0!!

pffft... keep telling yourself that aKaaa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search